Join an international network of over 3,000 experts and health care professionals around the world dedicated to research and continuous medical education in hypertension.
Membership in the European Society of Hypertension is open to physicians, researchers, and allied healthcare professionals, e.g., pharmacists, nurses.
Criteria for ESH Membership
- The criteria required for ESH membership has been simplified. Letters of endorsement are no longer required.
- Applicants are requested to provide in English a short CV (listing academic degrees and professional positions) including a bibliography of publications.
- Individuals should apply for membership of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) by completing the online membership application form.
- Applications are reviewed every 4-6 weeks and applicants will be notified by email of the ESH Committee’s decision. Nominations are officially confirmed during the ESH Annual Meeting.
To apply for membership, please complete the online application form.
To access the application form you must be a registered user having a personal user name and password. The system will guide you through the process.
Membership Categories and Dues
You may choose between 2 membership categories:
EUR 100.00 per calendar year
EUR 50.00 per calendar year
Reduced Membership is available only to ESH Young Fellows and early career investigators (up to the age of 35) and other healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses) and healthcare professionals from low-income countries (Low and Middle Income Economies)
Within either the Standard or Reduced Membership, you will have the option to subscribe to the online version of the Journal of Hypertension, one of the ESH official journals. ESH members are eligible for an exclusive offer of USD 135 (per calendar year). If you wish to subscribe to the Journal, you can pay your subscription directly to the publisher via the ESH Membership Portal. Payment of the subscription and ESH membership fees will be made separately.
Joint ESH-ISH membership will no longer be offered. Members should pay their annual membership fees separately and directly to each Society.
Membership Dues & Payment
The ESH membership dues can only be paid through our online payment platform. You need to login to the ESH website to make the payment.
At the end of each calendar year, you will be notified by email when payments can be submitted for the following calendar year.
For any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of ESH Membership
- Eligibility to apply for ESH Hypertension Specialist status
- Eligibility to serve in a leadership capacity in an ESH Excellence Center
- Eligibility to join one or more of the ESH Working Groups
- Reduced Member registration fee for the ESH Annual Meeting
- Online Subscription to the Journal of Hypertension (you can choose to subscribe to the Journal after paying the ESH Membership fee)
- Access to all material on the ESH website including the eLearning Programme, Teaching Seminars, Satellite Symposia, Highlights from the ESH Annual Meeting and downloads of ESH newsletters, selected ESH initiated books, guidelines and position statements.
- Eligibility to actively participate in topic suggestions for the ESH Annual Meeting
- Eligibility to participate in ESH related tasks:
- Chairing poster/oral sessions at ESH Annual Meetings
- Participation in local ESH initiated/endorsed meetings/courses
- Participation in ESH Working Groups
- Participation in ESH surveys
- Participation in ESH research projects