The objectives of ESH are to promote, endorse and organise activities involved with the continuing medical education in the field of hypertension and associated cardiovascular diseases
Such activities are carried out primarily by an annual meeting and through special scientific meetings, seminars, publications and specific educational programs. Moreover, ESH encourages and promotes, alone or in conjunction with other scientific societies and members of health delivery professions, postgraduate training and international exchange of investigators, teachers, fellows and students.
The Presidents of the National Hypertension Societies are invited to participate in the National Societies meeting held during the ESH Annual Meeting, organised by the ESH Secretary, and chaired by the ESH President. One hour is allocated and the timeslot is 2-3 PM on a mid-day of the annual congress. The Agenda is developed and circulated to contact persons of National Societies four weeks in advance. The nature of this meeting is the exchange of information, no formal decisions are made.
The National Societies are invited to nominate participants (1-2 per country). Travel costs and accommodation are covered by the ESH. Other costs related to organising this educational activity are covered by the ESH.
ESH Specialists (>1000) have been approved following nominations by National Societies.
ESH Traveling Faculty
Activities are coordinated by National Societies.
The Trillium-II initiative funded by the European Commission aims to advance an International Patient Summary (IPS) standard to enable people
to access and share their health information anywhere and as needed supporting a wide range of digital tools and situations.
The IPS aspires to offer a window to a person’s health and a starting point to navigate the associated health data.
Minimal essential clinical information in the IPS relates to active problems, past operations, immunizations, allergies, medications, and implants, while therapeutic goals and advance directives may also be included.
Trillium-II works with digital health stakeholder in Europe, the United States and globally to increase actionable interoperability of health systems nurturing innovation and fueling creativity with effective use of standards-based interoperability.
Along with its partners in a Global Community of Practice for Digital Health Innovation, Trillium-II strives to engage and educate stakeholders on the social value of IPS standards, and:
- Co-create: identify situations of patient summary use beyond emergency and unplanned care
- Bridge: patient summary projects and initiatives identifying good and bad practices
- Validate: Develop, Collect, Assess learning resources to validate content
- Engage: mobile Health community to foster innovation & inform health policy
- Contribute: feedback to standards organizations improving patient summary standards.
Trillium-II and the European Society of Hypertension share the aim to provide a stable and organised European platform for health data exchange in hypertension.
They recognize the importance of patient summary st andards and agree to collaborate in the global community of practice in digital health innovation and:
- Advance the vision of the patient summary as a window to a patient’s hea1th information enabled by robust and widely adopted specifications
- Identify specific situations where patient summaries and their extensions can make a difference to the life of individuals and communities
- Elaborate patient summary extensions appropriate for capturing and assessing cardiovascuiar risk factors, exploring the possibility of implementing patient summary w,ithin the ESH CARE application for smartphones
- Identify ambassadors that can offer first hand experience and can serve as role models in their community
- Cooperate in proposals to secure funding and promote their shared objectives.
For more information please visit: www.trilliumbridge.eu