ESH e-Learning Hypertension Self-Assessment Programme
The European Society of Hypertension is pleased to announce the updated version of the ESH e-Learning Hypertension Self-Assessment Programme is now available.
- A state-of-the art online resource to provide a comprehensive syllabus based on the new ESH/ESC Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension.
- Links to relevant journal articles, webcasts and other content accompanied by high-quality tables and figures all downloadable.
- An expert faculty offers five new lectures on the latest research and treatment in hypertension captured during the annual European Meeting on Hypertension and Cardiovascular Protection and other popular ESH meetings.
- Test your knowledge with the 100 multiple choice self-assessment questions designed to enable you to practice what you learn a little at a time rather than all at once.
- Customize your online experience with highlighting, annotations and bookmarks that allow you to easily return to specific sections.
- The ESH self-assessment programme provides criteria for Hypertension Specialist reaccreditation.
To access this programme you must be a member of the European Society of Hypertension.
1) If you are entering ESH e-Learning for the first time you must register. Registration is a quick and simple process.
Click on “FIRST ACCESS? REGISTER HERE!”.
2) You only need to register once!
Users returning to the ESH e-Learning should enter username and password in the LOGIN area to access the programme.
BPM Skills e-learning
Blood pressure (BP) is a vital indicator of an individual’s health and an independent risk factor for cardiovascular and renal disease. Reliable measurement depends on using accurate devices and understanding the advantages and limitations of these devices as well as best practice procedures for measuring BP. Increasingly busy clinical environments raise the risk that accurate BP measurement may be overlooked; this is a problem identified across health services nationally and internationally and not unique to a single health discipline.
An eLearning resource has been developed by one of our ESH members, Anastasia Mihailidou and her colleagues to meet the gap in refresher training for BP measurementidentified during a survey of professional staff and students across a tertiary referral health facility,with >70% of staff not able to recall in-service refresher training for BP measurement.
The online module provides busy professionals self-directed learning without limitations of access to facilities. The module has online surveys to determine where to focus ongoing training at both an individual level and as part of the program.The eLearning module is currently part of the curriculum for the University of Sydney Medical Program and the Sydney Nursing School Program and accreditedby the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and GPs completing the additional evaluation form can earn 2 Category 2 CPD points.
PLEASE read this guide before trying to access the program, as you will need to register for the program before beginning the course…… then and only then please see the link https://www.coursesites.com/s/_BloodPressure. The web version is hosted on CourseSites by Blackboard and therefore requires creating an account to access.