Join a network of over 1600 hypertension professionals dedicated to scientific research and knowledge and to improving hypertension prevention, treatment and control.
Criteria for ESH Membership
The criteria required for ESH membership has been simplified. Letters of endorsement are no longer required!
Individuals may join the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) by completing the online membership application form.
Applications are reviewed every 4-6 weeks and applicants will be notified by email of the ESH Committee’s decision. Nominations are officially confirmed during the ESH Annual Meeting.
Please click here to complete the new online application form.
Membership Categories and Fees
- Full ESH Members
Annual Fees – $165 (includes subscription to the Journal of Hypertension)
- Affiliated ESH Members – individuals belonging to an affiliated National Society
- Associated ESH Members – individuals belonging to an associated National Society
- Emeritus Members – members of the Society for many years, over the age of 65 and who have retired from active work may apply for Emeritus status. Emeritus members are exempt from annual fees but not from the costs of the Journal(s).
- Honorary Members – honorary membership is conferred to those members who have made extraordinary contributions to research in hypertension or who have given exceptionally important support to the activities of the ESH. Emeritus members are exempt from annual fees but not from the costs of the Journal(s)
- Non-ESH Members – individuals who have an interest in hypertension and related cardiovascular disease who are only registered on the ESH website.
Benefits of Full Membership
- Eligibility to apply for ESH Hypertension Specialist status
- Eligibility to serve in a leadership capacity in an ESH Excellence Center
- Reduced Member registration fee for the ESH Annual Meeting
- Listing in the online Membership Directory on the ESH website
- Subscription to the Journal of Hypertension
- Access to all material on the ESH website including the eLearning Programme, Teaching Seminars, Satellite Symposia, Highlights from the ESH Annual Meeting and downloads of ESH newsletters, selected ESH initiated books, guidelines and position statements.
- Eligibility to actively participate in topic suggestions for the ESH Annual Meeting
- Eligibility to participate in ESH related tasks:
- Chairing poster/oral sessions at ESH Annual Meetings
- Participation in local ESH initiated/endorsed meetings/courses
- Participation in ESH working groups
- Participation in ESH surveys
- Participation in ESH research projects
ESH Affiliated & Associated Members are granted partial access to material on the ESH website including downloads of ESH newsletters, selected ESH guidelines and position statements.