By Roland E. Schmieder, Stephane Laurent, Krzysztof Narkiewicz, for the ESH Council
A major goal of the ESH is to disseminate the latest information regarding optimal approaches for diagnosis, treatment and management of hypertension. This encompasses in particular the content of ESH/ESC 2007 Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension. The ESH has therefore great interest to endorse or co-endorse international scientific guidelines recommendations and position papers related to hypertension and cardiovascular prevention and therapy.
The ESH will endorse guidelines, recommendations and position papers (hereafter called manuscripts) according to the following criteria:
- The manuscripts should be developed by national or international scientific societies or working groups. These institutions should have a high reputation and dissemination power in their corresponding community.
- The language of the manuscripts should be in English to allow an evaluation process of the guidelines
- The major contents of the manuscripts should be in accordance with the 2007 ESH/ESC Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension. A list of differences between the 2007 ESH/ESC Guidelines and the manuscripts submitted for endorsement (with respect to diagnosis, treatment and management of arterial hypertension) should be provided by the authors.
- An application will be evaluated by specifically assigned ESH Council Members who are not involved in the manuscripts writing group.
- The manuscripts will be approved by the ESH council.
All guidelines, recommendations and position papers endorsed or co-endorsed by the ESH will be displayed on the Society’s website.